the answer is YES, cannabis can help patients with cancer!
The hemp plant is so much more then what many imagine. Not only used as an agricultural crop hemp is more in demand than ever, but also as a natural drug, it is increasingly being researched.
The greatest healing effect is achieved by either squeezing oil out of hemp flowers or by eating the corresponding parts of the plant. Not every cannabis strain has the same effect, (check this list here) but there are more and more patients who achieve a great success in cancer treatment in a relatively short time by using hemp.
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) in Bethesda, Maryland, USA explains the following about the studies on cannabis: “A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it causes cell death from cancer while it has little effect on normal breast cells. So you should not simply label cannabis as a drug with no real purpose. Cannabis may even catch up with chemotherapy in the future, but it would require physicians to rethink and break out of their familiar world and this seems very impossible at the moment, but we can be curious about what to hear in the near future on this topic.
Hemp oil should probably be used best for this treatment, because certain substances in the hemp plant simply burst tumor cells. The results of clinical tests under laboratory conditions show that hemp oil has enormous potential to fight cancer cells and even fence in metastases.
How does it work?
The cannabinoids contained in cannabis ensure that a specific protein develops on the surface of a cancer cell. This protein is called ICAM-1 and is responsible for binding the cancer cells. As a result, the tumour cells burst open and are no longer harmful. In addition, the miracle plant prevents the ability to form tumor-promoting blood vessels and is therefore very disease preventive.
Up to now there have been no official studies on humans and therefore the therapy with hemp oil could not completely assert itself.
Of course the pharmaceutical companies do not want hemp oil to be used as a natural remedy and try to disguise the fact that hemp can be very effective against various diseases.
Many african tribes already consider the effective plant as remedy against illnesses. Cannabinoids are said to help with nausea from chemotherapy and alleviate unwanted side effects. At the same time marijuana and hash oil function as appetite stimulants and thus help with weight loss during chemo and also as mood enhancers and very efficient painkillers.
Cannabinoids, for example morphine, mutually reinforce their analgesic effect. With the above-mentioned effects, cancer patients can be happier again and be confident again.
Cannabinoids and what has been researched so far
Cannabinoids are, and we know this today, not only meaningful alleviators of cancer-related symptoms. They are also able to stop, prevent and in individual cases, at least potentially, even cure cancer. The endocannabinoids formed by the body, which are carried by every vertebrate and consequently every human being, play a decisive role in this. In combination with externally supplied cannabinoids, they have an antitumoral effect that goes far beyond the palliative effect.
- inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
- inhibit the formation of new blood vessels that nourish a tumour.
- have an apoptotic effect, i.e. they favour a kind of programmed cell death of abnormal cells, including cancer cells. In simple terms, apoptosis refers to a process in the body in which old, useless and abnormal cells kill themselves in a suicidal process in order to make room for healthy and fresh cells.
- prevent the formation of scattering cancer cells, the so-called metastases.
There’s a lot more to come. So if cannabinoids are helpful, then marijuana and hashish are the available pharmaceuticals. Preparations like dronabinol and nabilone are only of secondary importance, because such products are pure tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Although THC has a special antitumoral quality, some types of cancer also require treatment with cannabidiol (CBD), which is contained in preparations such as Sativex together with THC. Pure CBD also has its active qualities.
If you suffer from a condition of this kind, you should consider hashish oil, which is very rich in active ingredients.
Canadian Rick Simpson has cured many patients with various forms of cancer using hash oil. He did this for 8 years without wanting anything for it. The movie “Run from the Cure” gives a lot of information about the whole story and is freely available on the internet under the Creative Commons license.
David Triplett from the USA, inspired by Rick Simpson, successfully fought malignant skin cancers with hashish oil. He applied the oil externally – exactly on the visible cancer lesions, whereupon these gradually healed and so far not visible cancer became visible in further places. David Triplett also treated these lesions with hemp flower oil until the cancer had completely disappeared.
THC and CBD are more effective together than alone. These two cannabinoids are also expected to increase efficacy in chemotherapy and radiotherapy, and CBD and THC are expected to have different roles in different cancers.
The myth that a joint is as dangerous and carcinogenic as 20 cigarettes has also been declared as false.
Cancer patients in Germany do not simply have access to this valuable medicine. As before, severely ill patients can only get access to medicinal cannabis with a special permit from the Federal Opium Agency. Let us hope that this will change in the next few years.
Cannabis for breast cancer:
- Cannabidiol (CBD) significantly reduces tumor mass in breast cancer!
- THC as well as cannabidiol drastically reduce breast cancer cell growth.
- THC reduces tumor growth. Cannabinoids inhibit cancer cell proliferation (rapid growth of cancer cells)
- Cannabinoids inhibit breast cancer cell proliferation
Cannabis for lung cancer:
- THC inhibits the growth factor of advanced lung cancer and cell migration.
- Cannabinoids inhibit growth of cancer cells
- Confirms the efficacy of cannabinoids in the treatment of lung cancer cells.
Cannabis in prostate cancer:
- Shows a decrease in prostate cancer cells by cannabinoids.
- There are several studies that demonstrate the efficacy of cannabis on prostate cancer.
- Cannabidiol inhibits the viability of cancer cells.
Cannabis in blood cancer:
- Inhibition of cancer growth and cell death in cancer cells by cannabinoids.
- Cannabinoids are antiproliferative (against tissue proliferation) and pro-apoptotic (programmed cell death).
- Cannabinoids promote apoptosis (programmed cell death) in leukaemia cells.
Cannabis for liver cancer:
- THC reduces the viability of the HCC cell lines (liver cancer cell line) and reduces the growth of those
- Hemp for pancreatic cancer:
- Cannabinoids lead to the apoptosis of cancer cells, inhibit the growth of tumour cells and prevent the spread of pancreatic tumour cells.
Cannabis in oral cancer:
- Cannabinoids have toxic effects on high-malignancy oral tumours
A product that supposedly works well:
Nordicoil is a very good website for CBD oils and it is definitely worth taking a moment to test the products 🙂