This is a recipe for delicious hemp seed chocolate muffins. These baked goodies are super healthy and taste absolutely fantastic! Have fun baking the hempseed chocolate muffins!
You need (for about 20-24 hempseed chocolate muffins, vary the quantity depending on your preference):
- 180g oat flour
- 150g wholemeal flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 320g cannabis seeds
- 480ml hemp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 460ml water
- 90g cocoa powder
- 6 heaped tablespoons of ground chia or linseed
- 20 cored Medjool dates
- chocolate drops (you can add as many as you like)
- (optionally add stevia, or another sweetener)
How it works:
- The first step is to preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Next, mix oat flour, wholemeal flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients with your mixer, then add to the flour mixture.
- Now you should mix this well and stir in the chocolate drops.
- Then line the muffin tray with paper moulds and fill with dough using a tablespoon (about half or 3/4 full depending on size).
- Bake for about 20 minutes and do the toothpick test (you can also use a thin skewer)
- Finally, simply let the muffins cool, then decorate with melted chocolate! (optional)
Why should you often use hemp seeds? They contain many important amino acids! In addition, the small marvels serve as a high protein source, have high components of iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, potassium, as well as vitamin B1, B2 and E and the beneficial omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids! But of course that means that they also have a high fat content (200 kcal/ 50g).
Now you might ask yourself where to get these cannabis seeds. Quite simple! Nowadays they can be found in many large supermarkets and organic shops. Or just have a look on the internet!